Thank you to all the members and guests who joined NAIOP SFBA on Thursday, September 12th for our inaugural Waterfront Development Tour on the historic USS Potomac. On board the elegant 165 foot vessel, which once served as Franklin Delano Roosevelt’s Presidential yacht, attendees were treated to amazing weather, and a fabulous lunch while enjoying a spectacular Bay cruise. Organized by Sharon Groenendyk, Executive Director and Client Manager at J.P. Morgan/Chase who is also a NAIOP SFBA Advisory Council member and is the Multifamily Subcommittee Chair, the event provided a unique view of the most significant developments along the central waterfront and behind the deal narration by those in the know including:
- Oracle Park – Sam Katsin from J.P. Morgan/Chase
- Mission Rock - Zach Rudolph from J.P. Morgan
- Chase Center - Sharon Groenendyk from J.P. Morgan/Chase
- Pier 70 - Jack Tse from Brookfield Properties
- Power Plant Potrero Hill - Tina Chang from Associate Capital
- India Basin – Lou Vasquez and Victoria Lehman from Build, Inc.
The tour concluded with a breathtaking trip “outside the gate” (under the Golden Gate bridge) and included dramatic close-up views of the legendary “Big Boats.” Colorful spinnakers flying, the magnificent sailboats happened to be practicing in advance of the weekend’s Rolex Big Boat Racing Series!
Click here to view photos from the event.