Zoom-In Webinar: Landlord Strategies & Responses to COVID Driven Lease Issues
Add to calendar
This event has passed
Panelists will discuss current issues and strategies related to SB-939, rent relief workouts, application of tenant credit enhancement, and tenant bankruptcies, including:
1. Proposed new legislation (SB-939) establishing (a) a state-wide temporary moratorium on evictions of commercial tenants for the duration of the COVID-19 related state of emergency, (b) a year-long period in which to make up rental payments missed during that state of emergency, and (c) a right for certain tenants to unilaterally terminate their lease with no penalty if the tenant and the landlord cannot reach a mutually agreeable lease modification.
2. Analysis of the various tenant relief claims and how landlords can respond;
3. How landlords should address security deposits and letters of credit for defaulting tenants;
4. Landlord considerations in structuring workouts/lease modifications with tenants; and
5. Analysis of strategies and other considerations with respect to tenant bankruptcies.
Tony Natsis, Partner, Chair of Global Real Estate Group, Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
Mike Greger, Partner, Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
Tim McGinity, Partner, Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
Zoom-In Webinar Series Sponsored By:
This is a member-only event.
Online registration is now closed.