NAIOP San Francisco Bay Area Chapter is offering a scholarship program for ARGUS Enterprise* Software Certification through the NAIOP Center for Education. This certification is often a required entry-level skill for commercial real estate analyst positions, particularly in asset management and acquisitions. It is our understanding that the high cost of obtaining this certification may create a barrier for otherwise qualified candidates who may not have the access or resources to obtain it.
Applications for the scholarship are accepted online.
The deadline to apply is May 15, 2023.
Applicants will be notified by June 2, 2023 of the results of their application. NAIOP reserves the right to request a phone interview with finalist candidates.
*ARGUS Enterprise is a widely used commercial real estate software for asset and portfolio management. This software enables organizations to project the performance of their commercial real estate assets throughout the investment lifecycle.
- Seeking or current employment in the real estate industry, especially in asset management or acquisitions
- Woman or other underrepresented minority
- Currently located in the San Francisco Bay Area (or plan to relocate to the area)
- Completed application form -- there are two options:
- Download the Application Packet [PDF]
- Complete the Online Form below
- Personal Statement about why you are pursuing a career in commercial real estate, where your interest lies within the commercial real estate industry, career plans, and how this scholarship would help you (600-750 words maximum)
- Letter of recommendation/character reference (Optional)
Scholarship Recipients will receive:
- Access to complete the NAIOP Center for Education’s online on-demand ARGUS Software Certification (ASC) – Enterprise Bundle* (valued at $1,250).* Participants may select a start date at their convenience during August 2023, and then the self-study program and online certification exam must be completed within three months of the start date. Participation in a welcome meeting and three-month check-in meeting with the scholarship committee to make introductions and build connections
- One year of NAIOP membership in the San Francisco Bay Area Chapter (up to $850 value).
- Pairing with an industry professional based on your career goals from the NAIOP San Francisco Bay Area membership for a mentorship meeting.
- Participation in a welcome meeting on June 15, 2023 at 4:00pm at PCCP’s Office, 100 Pine Street, 29th Floor, San Francisco, CA
- Participation in a check-in meeting with the scholarship committee in-person in downtown San Francisco in the Fall to make introductions and build connections.
- An article featuring the scholarship recipients will appear in the NAIOP San Francisco Bay Area online monthly newsletter. Scholarship recipients will be profiled on the NAIOP SFBA website.
- Option to participate in a self-guided ARGUS study group with fellow scholarship participants.
*Participants will have access to the course materials for three months. This package includes eight eLearning courses, Certification Manual (eBook), three-month Academic (Windows Compatible Only) ARGUS Enterprise License, Prep Exam and the ASC Exam. Upon successful completion of this exam, students will achieve certified status in ARGUS Enterprise. The certification is valid for two years and can be renewed by taking the recertification exam. The case study portion will be either, Office, Retail or Mixed-use (Office/Retail) property type.