NAIOP San Francisco Bay Area Chapter is offering a scholarship program for ARGUS Enterprise* Software Certification through the NAIOP Center for Education. This certification is often a required entry-level skill for commercial real estate analyst positions, particularly in asset management and acquisitions. It is our understanding that the high cost of obtaining this certification may create a barrier for otherwise qualified candidates who may not have the access or resources to obtain it.
Applications for the scholarship are accepted online.
The deadline to apply is April 30, 2021.
*ARGUS Enterprise is a widely used commercial real estate software for asset and portfolio management. This software enables organizations to project the performance of their commercial real estate assets throughout the investment lifecycle.
NAIOP San Francisco Bay Area Chapter, the Commercial Real Estate Development Association, is the leading organization for commercial real estate developers, owners and related professionals in office, industrial and mixed-use real estate. The San Francisco Bay Area Chapter was founded in 1977 (originally as the Northern California Chapter) and today serves eight of the nine Bay Area Counties; San Francisco, Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Sonoma, Napa, San Mateo and Solano. The Chapter’s membership is comprised of the Bay Area’s leading owner/developers and a wide variety of service providers. The Chapter offers a full calendar of educational programs on topical issues as well as social and networking events for its 750+ members and guests.
- Must be a woman or other underrepresented minority
- Currently located in the San Francisco Bay Area (or plan to relocate to the area)
- Seeking or current employment in the real estate industry, especially in asset management or acquisitions
- Completed application form -- there are two options:
- Download the Application Packet [PDF]
- Complete the Online Form below
- Personal Statement about why you are pursuing a career in commercial real estate, where your interest lies within the commercial real estate industry, career plans, and how this scholarship would help you (600-750 words maximum)
- Letter of recommendation/character reference (Optional)
Scholarship Recipients will receive:
- Access to complete the NAIOP Center for Education’s online on-demand ARGUS Software Certification (ASC) – Enterprise Bundle* (valued at $1,250). ￼
- Upon receipt of the ARGUS Enterprise certification, pairing with an industry professional based on your career goals from the NAIOP San Francisco Bay Area membership for a mentorship meeting/informational interview.
- One year of NAIOP membership in the San Francisco Bay Area Chapter (up to $850 value).
- An article featuring the scholarship recipients will appear in the NAIOP San Francisco Bay Area online monthly newsletter. Scholarship recipients will be profiled on the NAIOP SFBA website.
*This package includes eight eLearning courses, Certification Manual (eBook), three-month Academic (Windows Compatible Only) ARGUS Enterprise License, Prep Exam and the ASC Exam. Participants will have access to the course materials for three months. Upon successful completion of this exam, students will achieve certified status in ARGUS Enterprise. The certification is valid for two years and can be renewed by taking the recertification exam. The case study portion will be either, Office, Retail or Mixed-use (Office/Retail) property type.