NAIOP San Francisco Bay Area Chapter
In-Person Event Policy
NAIOP San Francisco Bay Area Chapter (hereinafter referred to as "NAIOP SFBA") is committed to protecting persons attending in-person association meetings and events, including members, staff, guests, vendors, and other support personnel such as security guards, AV technicians, food service workers and the like (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Attendees"). All in-person events are hosted in accordance with the health & safety policies as mandated by the city and state in which the event is hosted, at the time of the event (i.e. attendance limits, social distancing, mask requirements, etc.).
By registering and attending a NAIOP SFBA event, you (the Attendee), agree and attest to the following statements:
- I agree to assume all risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury (including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, and death), illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind, that I may experience or incur in connection with attending the NAIOP SFBA event for which I am registering and as a result, agree to release and holds harmless NAIOP SFBA, HollandParlette (association management), its employees, agents, and representatives, of and from any such claims, including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs, or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto.
- Specifically relating to the global COVID-19 pandemic, I acknowledge the highly contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assumes the risk of exposure or infection by attending the event for which I am registering, and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, disability, and/or death to attendee. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at the event may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of others who may attend the event or their families, colleagues, or others with whom they may have contact. Accordingly, I understand and agree that this release includes any claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of NAIOP SFBA, HollandParlette (association management), its employees, agents, and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after participation in the event.
- I agree to follow the policies and procedures approved by NAIOP SFBA when attending the event, at the time of the event. This may include, but is not limited to, wearing a facial covering indoors at all times, when not actively eating or drinking and providing proof of vaccination or negative COVID-19 test, if requested. Event procedures are subject to change, as NAIOP SFBA continues to monitor and follow state and local guidelines for safe in-person events.
- I agree that I will not attend the event, if I have had close contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 or associated variants within 10 days of the date of the event, IF I am not up to date on COVID-19 vaccinations. Close physical contact is defined as being within 6 feet of an infected/symptomatic person for a cumulative total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period starting from 48 hours before illness onset (or, for asymptomatic individuals, 48 hours prior to test specimen collection).
- I agree that if I am up to date on COVID-19 vaccinations, but have had close contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 or associated variants within 10 days of the date of the event, I will take a COVID-19 test and will not attend, if I test positive.
- I agree that I will not attend the event, if I have experienced the symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, chills, severe headache, muscle pain or weakness, sore throat, diarrhea, shortness of breath or congestion) within 14 days of the date of the event.
PHOTOGRAPHY / VIDEO RELEASE
NAIOP San Francisco Bay Area Chapter (NAIOP SFBA) programs and events by may be photographed or video-recorded. Your registration and that of your guest(s) for any NAIOP SFBA program or event confirms your and your guest(s) consent to your image(s) being represented in the future publication, broadcast or other use of photographs or videos at the sole discretion of NAIOP SFBA. Please contact the Chapter office with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.