YPG strives to achieve diversity across all areas including industry specialization, corporate representation, age, gender and ethnicity, which will offer the YPG student an opportunity to strengthen his or her individual skill sets in areas considered vital to the top real estate firms. Program members will be selected by YPG advisers who are association leaders representing various corporations and industry specializations.
A maximum of 35 students are accepted annually for each program through a detailed application review process. The application period opens April 1 each year. All applicants are notified of their status in July, and the kick-off orientation retreat will be held in September. Monthly classes are held from October through the following July. Specific program dates will be announced to successful applicants. Applicants must be members of the San Francisco Bay Area Chapter of NAIOP or must commit to join if selected for the program. All students must be sponsored by their employer and both the student and employer are required to participate in tuition fees (see application or flyer for details).
- Must be a professional in the commercial real estate industry and a member in good standing of NAIOP San Francisco Bay Area. You do not need to be a member to apply, but must join if accepted into the program.
- Must be 35 years of age or younger as of December of the year that the program begins.
- Must be willing to commit the time, resources and skills required for active involvement in the program including, but not limited to, attendance at all program events. Applicants must obtain explicit support of their employer for this commitment to YPG.
- Must practice high standards of professional and personal integrity.
- Must demonstrate leadership qualities and capabilities as well as positive attitudes.
- Must be able to attend the orientation workshop weekend in September at the Tiburon Lodge (Marin County)