NAIOP Executive Development (NED) Program Application Process
A maximum of 20 students will be accepted for this program through a detailed application review process. Classes will be held monthly from June - November 2024. The detailed 2024 program schedule may be found in the application packet below.
The NED Program strives to achieve diversity across all areas including industry specialization, corporate representation, age, gender and ethnicity, which will offer the NED Program student an opportunity to strengthen his or her individual skill sets in areas considered vital to the top real estate firms. Program members will be selected by NED advisors who are NAIOP San Francisco Bay Area Chapter leaders representing various corporations and industry specializations.
Applications for the next program are due by April 15, 2024.
Successful applicants will likely meet the following qualifications:
- Must be at the mid-career level, having substantial professional work experience.*
- Must be a professional in the commercial real estate industry. If not currently employed, applicant should have prior experience in the sector.
- Must be a member in good standing of the NAIOP San Francisco Bay Area Chapter. Applicant does not need to be a member to apply, but must join if accepted into the program.
- Must practice high standards of professional and personal integrity as well as a positive attitude
- Must be willing to commit to actively participate in the program, including full attendance at all events
- NED provides an excellent follow up to the NAIOP Young Professionals Group (YPG) Program, however YPG is not a pre-requisite to participate in NED.
*Applicants age 35 and younger may want to consider the YPG program as a first step, though this is not required.
The total tuition fee for the NED program is $6,000 and must be paid in full in advance of the program. Tuition covers the cost of retreat lodging, provided meals, and all program materials and instruction. Individuals accepted into the program must also be current NAIOP-SFBA Chapter members, or must have their membership application completed and paid in advance of participation. The fee for NAIOP SFBA membership ranges from $300-$875 per person, depending on your age and/or the number of other members from your company. For details, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scholarship Opportunity: If you are considering applying but would be in need of financial assistance, please consider submitting an application for our Hess Scholarship, which may cover up to 100% of the program tuition. `